Saturday, January 21, 2006

Cairo 1978, cold February night

Tell me about her, tell me does she walk on earth like we do? Or does she fly like a butterfly? Does she dance sing and speak? Or does she hide in the shadows? Have you seen her before? Or just heard about her? Like me, she ran away on my wedding day. Left with no clue.and no why. A wedding with no bride. A world with no light. Left without a reason. She was appointed to be mine and I hers. She waited for me along time and just at the appointed season her patience was gone and her waiting was over. The train we were supposed to ride together left away with her and left me in the station of num. Left me with the smoke and cold all around. My suitcase and umbrella would I survive in the wilderness. A desert without shade. Endless sands of time that drop from above fills this desert where you left me. My skin has turned red burnt to brown and left to blacken by time. Winds have no mercy tearing my clothes as it blows away my own existence away. Even my dreams of the kisses of rain have faded away. Left me with the solidness of the hard rock I stand upon. Rocks that turn to coal with the sun and to ice at night. How I long for your face, it is so beautiful. That a tear falls off my eye and thought it dries up because of the heat that's in my heart and though my letters never reach you I still try anyway. In that sea of sand I have thrown a lot of bottles with all my messages to you, and still they are on their way. In all I wrote the same message to you:

"Life come back, I am waiting for you where we were supposed to meet since our appointed time, since the hour I was conceived. And still I am waiting and I hope death doesn't get me before you do."

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram