Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Love of the Sun

Love: 1Corinthians 13 from the Bible

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.
---

Should I close my eyes and dream? Should I watch the clouds and imagine? I am in love with Love Itself. I wish I could visit your horizon you lonely plant. You, lost moon. Floating. You, Amazing comet drifting away in the space of dreams and loneliness. How I wish could shine on you, bring warmth to your land and life to your ground. Send my rays down your caves, melt your ice poles into oceans, seas, rivers and clouds. Bring rains to your deserts and dew to your wilderness. Send a cool breeze to your trees and heat to your stones. Shall I cause volcanoes to rise and earthquakes to shake your very existence and wake you up from your long lonely sleep. Should I take away your foundations and cause you to lean and dance..

But, your orbit is not in my sight. Your ways are incomprehensible. Your language is so strange to my ears as you speak like the drunk who laughs and crys and never knows why, never knows his own heart. Light years from now I wont be there for you. The warmth of my rays will not be there anymore, my light wont shine no more, and my orbit will not be seen to you anymore. Then I will be sought but never found. Followed but never reached. My journey has begun and will go on. One morning I will shine again on some shore, but I am sure its not going to be the one I have chosen.

In Love I will create and destroy, Cry and enjoy, live and die. I don't deny who I am or what I can do. I wont play lowly and say "maybe". I am a sun. Boiling with Fire and exploding with flames, Restless and wild. Untamed and uncontrollable. Though dangerous to get close to, impossible to live without. Whoever gets caught up in my orbit will never leave. A center and a source. Giving and fulfilling. And most of all .. Loving.

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram