Thursday, May 11, 2006

Unknown, Banished & Forgotten

You have been there all the time, down under, far away from recognition and definitely so far from all sorts of appreciation. Cars roll past by you and streams of light flicker across. Seasons came and past by, years, months and days. You sat there watching time as lines carved signatures in your face. They have laid you down low even that your screams are not even heard. You keep your tears to yourself, and you fold on your bleeding wounds. Many have known you but none really cared. Have you waited for a savior? Or dreamt of a lover? None came to claim, none could stand still, none could take the test. All has failed you. You spill your diamonds at the feet of your dreams & your gold before your saviors. They walk over it and pass by. No language to tell or make that deaf zone brighten up into voices of music and poetry. Who understands you? Will anyone ever do? You have spread your arms and spoke the words out loud: " I am the prize, whoever gets me gets everything " but none understood. You, I know you. Since our first days on earth, since even before we were born. Yes, I know you. You have drained me out of my power and walls, you wanted to open up but I wanted to close. Now look at us now, what have we become? What have I done? Where have you gone now?
And though you are the heart and I am the mind.. I guess that both of us are blind!

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram