Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Dilemma of the Triad

The memories of nothing. The visions of no one. The nights of insomnia. The days of daydreams. You leave me a present, a gift. Then you go and leave no trace. The winds blow your footsteps off record and the sun covers your destiny in mirage. I have seen a lot and known too much. I heard it all and yet I don't believe it. You who you call yourself "Life" have no life in yourself. You who call yourself "Hope" left me no hope at all. You who call yourself "Light" left me in the dark. Am I the center of the universe that all of you should just show up then go? Am I the sun? Or a star? But you have chosen to spend your lives like nomads, like comets, like dreams. Took away my body and left me as Love. Took away my desires and left me a soul. You have been the swords that God used to cut me with. The knives to run me through. Your purpose was blood, and you got what you came for. But I will look to the west. To the ports of the ocean. I start a trip with the memories of nothing, the visions of no one, the sleepless nights and the daydreams of consciousness.

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram