Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Facing the East

This morning I work up, touched the ground with my bare feet and looked out of my window towards the light. I remembered a request of a dear friend, asking me to send her something she missed in a message of words. I smiled walked on and took a step into those magic rays of the east; those that I have been hiding myself from in that concrete cave where I dwell...

Though it's not flesh, It touched me and though its only light it got into me. Slowly but surely warming up my skin, shivering the coldness away and driving the humidity out of my flesh. Mastering it's arts its rays sunk beneath my skin, filling my cells with life. Like a plant I felt my leaves revive and as a tree I stretched to the light. My colors grew brighter and the hue of my skin became more colorful and more beautiful. Though my eyes were closed, It was so bright. I opened my eyes to see life more beautiful, full of shades and lights. Full of contrast, brightness and color. It has reached my mind and spine, with warm indulgence it embraced my flesh and strengthened my bones, regenerating my power and filling me with divine energy, making me feel one with the universe; a part never to separate from life. Dancing this very slow and romantic dance across the face of this planet around the orbit of our existence. It is what pulls us close and pushes us apart, keeping all in harmony and perfect timing. It is the Sun.

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram