Monday, July 3, 2006

The Waste!

I don't believe it was love, I don't believe it was ever meant to be. It wasn't true, It wasn't about giving it was all selfishly taking. Now I know that she never loved me, she only wanted me, She couldn't take the chance of letting me go, with all the good I brought with me to her life, to all the meaning I carried in my words for her. All that she wanted was to keep this pleasure I brought to her life, but when it comes to commitment she freaks out. She never loved me and never will, she only enjoyed me, squeezed pleasure out of my devotion and care. Who is she and who am I? The perfect love crime is when the victim co-operates with the criminal, to the extent of wasting himself. Yes, it was the perfect crime. I helped her. "waste me" I said invitingly, giving up my heart for one who never deserved the offer, devotion for a traitor, care for the careless. Irony! I was blind but now I see brighter than light; I know. War, on all that you left in me. War, is all I have for your memories. War, on all the ways that you drove me through. And though I forgive you, but you have no place in me no more. You are no more welcome in my life for eternity. So drop all your plans of sweet talking your way back to my life for now I see you for who you really are. You can't hide no more, I know your strategies, your plans, priorities and even your dreams. For spirit sees beyond skin, deeper than what the eyes can see. I am no longer flesh, for you have murdered me.

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram