Friday, July 7, 2006

Largo

Winter, The season when I first met the earth. A season where the cold rain parts lovers while it washes away the dust off the dry leaves. Winter, where all the loneliness show as you try to get warm.. Alone. A season that never seemed to end in my life, doesn't seem to pass by or go away. As if time stopped the moment I was born, as if this planet decided not to tilt and bring me the spring. How I long for the spring sun, for its warm golden touch to warm up my skin and melt the ice cube that holds my heart. Yellow instead of blue. Sometimes I forget how roses and blossoms looked like, the color of fields, the joy of little children. Sometimes I wonder what it would feel like if summer was here? Would all this.....

Is summer drawn on a a face of woman? Is spring her body? Would autumn be her hair? And I am the winter? Here, somewhere on this planet. Somewhere in this life and during these times there is a woman, more beautiful than my wildest imagination and more pure than my expectations. A woman to be known not by my sight and senses but my heart and mind, my very own soul for she was a part from me once before and now we are only apart. A matter of time and patience. If it was up to my eyes I would have found her but it's not. Eyes deceive, but the spirit knows and is certain. Sometimes the beast in me wants to break down walls and cry her name out loud, to jump ahead of time and rush into what's never meant to be for sake of escaping that coldness and stiffness that winter brings. Mind too confused, struggling with the heart.

This war have used up all my resources and drained all my energy. This road have wasted my time in an endless pursuit. Like Osiris, I feel like I want to gather all the pieces of me to be whole again, one with my being.

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram