Friday, July 7, 2006

Mind Scraps

I bent down my guitar, stopped my strings, relaxed my fingers and disengaged my mind. The song of life comes to an end and the words of love to a pause. No more notes to read and no more beats to lead. On that stage I was, but never meant to be. It's not for glory but a guilt stand. It's not a crown, it's a cross. It's not where I shine, but that's where I fade. Where me is not important but music is..

The land screams: "no more life, I will sell them for a price of none!". Keep your curses to your self o blood drinking sand. Your heart is a grave and your face is pain. I saw you disperse the lovers and spread away friends. Till when shall your times be as it was? Till when shall you whirl around taking the ones I care for away? O dragon of hell and doom, bringer of frown and gloom. Shall I drive a spear up your lofty heart, spill your blood for the ones who had to part?

What's the matter with me? Why do I see life as a battle ground? Am I paranoid? Or is it that I hurt? Am I true or delusional? Wise or mad? Frank or deceived? Should I rest this weary stone to bed? Would a dream carry away reality or would it just turn it to another nightmare?

Enough of this meaningless talk. Why do I want to escape the truth? I know I will miss her. Why deny? Am I protecting myself? Hell! I think I should stop writing and start sleeping. It will help pass the time at least.

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram