Saturday, October 28, 2006

Tough Birth

The streets were so quiet as I drove by, though its the busy streets of Cairo but it seems like I don't seem to hear the sounds of their roaring engines no more. Their flashing lights don't seem to bother me again, the blind man's blessings- thank God its not the curse. The symphony of their slow motion down the streets doesn't seem to bother me like before. Their smoke, their fumes even the smell of their burning tires doesn't seem to bother me no more. Strange! That doesn't seem like me no more, seems like I got more dosage of morphine in my blood these days. My heart beats like a rocker's drum set, filling in my silence with base like waves of troubles. Mind is restless and heart dances along. I went to a cafe, one of my old times favorite. Same place different faces, strangers; or maybe I am the stranger. Loud, they all are loud, different tongues, various conversations. I decided to plug my ears to some music I had on my laptop, which is not really mine. In a world of noise, where no one listens even if you do scream; in a world of distraction, where people adore distortion where should I speak? Fine, isn't that life? Whatever. Ordered some green mint fizz, it's so strange how the mint sticks together to itself, and fights not to mix up with the whole drink. Aren't we all? We might be green and juicy but we never add our flavor to the whole world. Let go of me! I want to take my heart beats to the world! Life here I am! The hell with your celebrities, and your idols, Here I am! The hell with your standards and qualifications! Here I am! I shall not stay in the slime of your green community, I shall not stick to your script, I am no longer a part of your plot. I Rebel.

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram