Sunday, April 23, 2006

Pain No

No more words to say, no more tears to cry, no more worries, pain or regrets. I keep staring at the air, lost everywhere. Pain has taken my smiles away and left me in nowhere. I go out with friends, but I never there; I smile but I am never happy; laugh but never pleased. I wear a mask that hides a lot of sorrow deep inside. They call me to go out and have some fun, I go but I stay inside with what I have. My burden is only for me to bear, The road and the risk I have taken falls on to me. I, who am I? What have I become? I am just some written words left for the pages of time to fold. A story untold of me who was once warm, and now is cold. Time stops here, this moment traps me for a while, will this be for long? I should give myself a break, Maybe let myself be the way I am for a while till I am ready for a change, till I am ripe with my bitter fruit and ready to be picked. There is nothing wrong with what I feel, I know it will go away, with the memories and their pain. That thorn than pushes into my heart and bleeds will find rest in me, I will get used to it and contain it. It only hurts for now. An old man once told me "Pain starts Big and bit by bit it shrinks down to size" I guess he's right. I hope he is.

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram