Thursday, April 20, 2006

What's impossible?

Will she ever understand? Will she ever know? Will she ever realize what is possible and what's impossible? Will she ever get to this place of knowledge to find the truth? Will she ever be convinced? My hands are tied, my mouth is sewed shut, my eyes are blind folded and my legs are crippled. How can I express what I can't put in words. How can I even write down what I haven't any words to express? The pain, the anger, the missing, the love and the rage I feel; are like a drop in the ocean of wild contrasting emotions in the inverted sky of my being. Never break a man's heart. I am not me anymore, and all I have is myself. I took the risk and placed my heart in her hands but she couldn't handle it. My heart is fire, lit by the flames of the sun. It could either made her warm, protected her like a wall around her and gave her light or just burnt her in its flames. She couldn't take my passion and affection, couldn't take my devotion and preferred my distance and parting. Instead of my hug, she wanted just a photograph; instead of my kiss she preferred an email; instead of my love she wanted friendship. I got nothing to blame her, I just want to be alone, away from her; to be somewhere calm so that I can heal and try to put off the fire of love that has burnt my heart, to forget that Image of her who I once loved, to put off the hope I once lived and the light that once made me smile. But will she understand? Will she ever know? Will she realize what is impossible for me to do?

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram