Friday, March 3, 2006

Beneath the Cross

I walked across Jerusalem's busy streets carrying a huge chunk of wood placed on my shoulder, squeezing my wounded skin as I walked with bare feet along the hot stone paved streets towards the Calvary. I can hardly hear the people around, I am so exhausted, Lost a lot of blood and my body suffers severe pain from caused by flails of the executioners. Even the cool breeze seem to burn my wounds more, that breeze that used to cool down my warm skin is only hurting me more But not more than what I feel. I looked around trying hard to open my eyes from the bruises I got in my trial all night long. Those faces seems familiar, they were around when I entered Jerusalem. They cheered for salvation and now they are cursing me with death. My head is in extreme pain. Thorns have pierced my head all over. But all that is in my mind is to fulfill my Father's will. Struggling in each step I take I took one step after another. The guards pushed me to make haste all the way. I started to feel my body fainting, I want to move on by my knees are failing me, My skin burns, My head heavy and hurts, my back so weak and my shoulders are breaking. I lift up my eyes to my Father. I pushed on. Tried to focus more, tried to restrain my body. I have walked all around Israel and Judea for days and days now I can hardly make it up to Calvary. Its a heavy burden on my shoulder and heavier in my heart. My heart that beats with pain sorrow and obedience. My heart that beats with Love and moves my tears. My Heart, Ah...
I found myself on the ground, beneath the cross.

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram