Thursday, March 9, 2006

My little girl

My little girl, been so long since I last saw you. Been years since I have been close to you. Since that day that she left my side and wandered away through the busy streets of our city. I went on looking for her for days and nights but I never found her. Now here she is sitting in a corner grabbing her legs together as she faces her knees and stares at the ground where the winds blow the autumn leaves around. Tears flooded my eyes and started falling from my eyes as I saw her and I couldn't believe my eyes. Could my beloved little girl, the destination of all my love end up in this lonely and cold place? I couldn't believe what I saw. I have never imagined my baby the one who grew in my arms and enjoyed the warmth of my hug to end up hugging her knees in that cold surrender in that corner of a wall. My heart cracked as I saw her like that as if a cold steel blade ran throughout my beating heart. My skin froze and my eyes cried as I saw the ample of my eye misplaced and mistreated. I would rather die a thousand times than see her like that. I would rather fade into inexistence than to leave her like so. With passionate aching heart I ran close and I went down on my knees before her, tried to look her in the eyes, I touched her face as she opened her eyes slowly. "Beloved" I whispered, "Daddy is here for you". She looked at me with cold still eyes, she stared at me for a while then closed her eyes slowly then opened them again. "its not a dream my baby, Daddy is here for you" I whispered and smiled as a tear ran down my face. She opened her mouth and uttered something silently then her voice started to be heard: "da.." Then she smiled and closed her eyes and opened her arms. I grabbed her with both my arms and held her so tightly, raised her off the ground Kissed her all over her face and cried like I never did before, I heard her saying in a weak voice: "daddy I missed you, I missed you daddy". A moment in time that my heart kept beating as never before in my life that I felt it would stop. It's all that I ever wanted to hold in my arms again is my little girl.

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram