Friday, March 24, 2006

Stairways of space

Walking up the stairs, With uncertain steps I rose up. Looking around all I can see is stars and space nebulas creating an imperiled view I have never witnessed in my whole life. It's been a long way from earth now and a very long trip it was. Step by step I ascended these stairs and yet there are more to go. Weariness has forgot all about me, weakness has abandoned me. My eyes look up at the end of those stairs and focus on the end of it. Energy flows through my body and power rushes through my veins, heart pumps like an earthquake and breath as hot as a volcano. There seems to be so much life with in me, empowering me like a locomotive, like a nuclear bomb in its moment of power. I am like a comet crossing the space and wasting away the time passing across the galaxies unstopped and undefined. Everytime I look at her up there, at the end of those stairs I boil, freeze and evaporate into the deepest pit of love. While she is in the height of amazement. But then, what now? And how? All I know is I have to climb up those stairs, to the moon.

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram