Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Twins

Her eyes were warm brown as beautiful as the rugs of Persia, His eyes were as clear as the colored glass of an ancient cathedral. First time he saw her eyes, he got caught up in the beauty of her pretension, she also stared at the unexplainable depth of his desire. It is a sunny day at the great garden. A beautiful place for children their age to be. I brought them here, and here they are. At the beginning they didn't seem to interact much, she got busy chasing butterflies and he kept tracing her with his eyes from a distance. Going round in circles around the trees and the beautiful green bushes she kept on going as he took a corner and watched from a far. I noticed him getting hung up to her, gently trying to stand in her way.. He also wants to play. Her eyes kept him near for she also wanted him to be close. He talked to her and she seemed to reply I didn't hear what he said or how she replied for I was watching over them from a far. They seemed to act a little rough for children their age, they kept on avoiding eachother for a while then back together they came. The more I looked at them the more I smiled for memories came to me on the spot. Now they are playing some kind of a game, my guess its something like "hide and seek" She kept running from him while he chased her around as they giggled around filling the garden with a cheerful sound of innocent childish laughter. My heart was merry as I watched over them. Though she looked as fragile as a butterfly she was so hard to catch and though he looked like a wild little lion he was so gentle with her. The game kept on and on all through the day. No one knows how it will end. I simply zoomed out of all the details to see them in this wonderful place under this beautiful clear skies. Today they have met for the first time. I can see they are getting along just fine. A tear raced my check as I thought.. It has been a long time now they have been a part now they are together again like the first day they existed deep in their mother's womb. They were only once tiny little cell that has split in two. And though they had the same eyes, they never knew.. They were twins.

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram