Thursday, February 23, 2006

A Story

Been a long hard day, the sound of her cheers me up. She's been going through my mind for days now, non stop thoughts and questions to her and about her but yet a few answers. Time with her seems to slip so quickly and without her the clock doesn't seem to move. She affects time and heart beats the same way. Tabitha, a beautiful deer. An amazing mountain beauty with a wild sea shore with all its calm waves and its raging ones. She's the earth, the island and the moon. I am the heavens, the sea and the sun. Without her I am empty and without me she is nowhere.

Like a long lost coast walker I found her sitting by the parting rock, watching the sea as it rages and splashes around her. I smiled to her but she didn't smile back, talked but she didn't answer. I looked on the sand below that rock which she sat on alone, I found this beautiful locket. A locket of memories. I picked it up. She looked at me. I could see tears in her eyes, then tears filled mine too. Climbed up and sat beside her, on that same old rock on which I sat before. I felt so warm, and so did she. We watched the sun set in the sea slowly disappearing as the stars appeared one by one. We laid down on our backs watching the stars as they shine like diamonds far away. "I don't want to go" I said, She softly replied: "please don't". I smiled, she smiled back. One the same rock that we parted we met again. Waiting for the next dawn together.

No comments:

Writings and Artwork Posted here are Copyright © 2005-2006, Kareem Makram